If you purchase a house directly from Kilmore House Removers for relocation, KHR (and not our client) becomes responsible for:
- Supplying the house.
- Obtaining the Permit to Remove from the original site.
- Including the 6.5 years Builder’s Warranty Insurance, Transit and Contract Works Insurance in the cost.
- Including 3 sets of Plans (floor plan, elevation, stump hole layout) and Condition Report in the cost.
- House sections will be stumped using concrete hangers set in concrete with ant-caps.
- Supplying and installing a new Colorbond roof over new steel batten and 50mm insulation blanket (required for BAL-ember attack and Energy Ratings – Winter Rating 1.3 and Summer Rating 1.8), Colorbond fascia and Colorbond quad gutter.
- Filling in the chimney hole with weatherboards staggered and the hearth hole with sheet flooring.
- Replacing any damaged weatherboards and/or damaged bearers/joists.
Other than the above, the requirements for Option B are the same for you, our client, as Option A in regards to the new site as follows:
STEP 1: If owning or when purchasing land for house relocation, firstly check with the Planning Department of your local Council for Planning Permit conditions and building envelopes. Some blocks have covenants which prohibit the use of second-hand materials. Also many areas of land have planning conditions overlays such as water catchment or medium-to-high fire danger areas. These are reasons why a Planning Permit (if required) can take up to three months to be issued.
STEP 2: Make contact with the House Remover to arrange an appointment to inspect the available houses.
STEP 3: Discuss time-frame for house delivery keeping in mind house sections cannot be delivered till you have been issued your new-site Planning Permit (if required), Septic Permit (if required) and Building Permit. Also you may require a new-site Asset ProtectionPermit.
STEP 4: Discuss with the House Remover your block of land on which the house is to be relocated and related matters:
- Size / access / lie-of the land. KHR likes to work on a fairly level site. However the Contract allows for a fall of 700mm over the length of the house (average length is 14mts).
- Prior to Council or your Private Building Surveyor issuing your Permits for the new site, you will be responsible for obtaining the following (KHR can assist):
- Soil Report.
- Owner-Builder’s registration required. This permit application can be downloaded from the Building Commission website (www.buildingcommission.com.au).
- Local Council / Building Surveyors requirements for Building Permit. See private building surveyor, Mark Webster’s website: websterco.com.au, click on Downloads Section then click on Information for Relocating Houses.
- Council Bond – discuss with your building surveyor.
- The best direction for the house to face.
- Ceiling insulation (batts) and underfloor insulation both required for the Energy Ratings.
- Areas of building works that KHR is not responsible for include:
- Reconnections to all services: Electrical and plumbing including downpipes.
- Plaster repairs.
- Front / rear steps and baseboards surrounding the stumps.
- Ceiling batts and underfloor insulation.
- Eave linings.
- Internal repairs or improvements.
- Installation of heating.
- Relaying of carpet.
- With a brick veneer house, bricks removed, KHR is not responsible for preparing the concrete footings or recladding for this type of house.
COST TO SUPPLY AND RELOCATE A HOUSE
This cost depends to an extent on what KHR has had to pay for a particular house. On Average KHR charges between $80,000 and $110,000 GST inclusive for the supply, relocation, restumping, rejoining and re-roofing (usually Colorbond iron) of a 12sq weatherboard house with 9’ ceiling (2.7mt) to Central, Northern Victoria and Southern Victoria including Geelong / Bellarine Peninsula area where your Soil Classification is rated M.
With an older style Californian Bungalow type house, up to 15sq with 10’ ceilings (3 mt), you will be charged between $95,000 and $120,000 approximately GST inclusive.
TERMS OF PAYMENT FOR OPTION B:
|Deposit on signing the Contract||10%|
|Commencement of works||30%|
|Completion (according to Contract)||05%|